Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Wedding with 7gypsies

I wanted to keep the theme of my wedding album really simple allowing the photos and the memories of the day to show through. 

The Black and White theme of this month therefore suited my wedding album beautifully and on this LO I chose to let the patterned paper do the talking both for title and journaling.  The 7 gypsies Adore paper was perfect.   

To make the flower embellishment here I cut 2 circles in varying sizes moving from largest to smallest.  Between the patterned paper circles I used plain black cardstock circles so that when they were layered over each other, the words embedded within the 7 gypsies paper really jumped out at you.   
To add extra dimension and interest, I distressed the edges of the circles with decorative scissors, edge distresser and smudges of black ink using the ink blending tool.  
 I then embellished the flower with Scrapware chipboard vines which were embossed with silver metallic embossing powder and placed in various spots around the flower so that is formed a enlarged photo corner-type shape.  
 Finally, I tied both white and black organza around the bottom vine into a bow, adhered one single black rhinestone flower in the centre of the patterned paper flower and balanced the LO with a rhinestone photo corner on the top left hand corner of the photo.  
 To do this simply cut the corner of one the my 2 Angels rhinestone squares to form a photo corner.


Have fun!
Keonie

No comments: